Lazy summer weekends…
This time a year ago I was planning my 3 month adventure to Europe. I was busy researching hostels, planning stays with friends (or strangers), figuring out local bars, and catching up on my Spanish grammar. I’ve been missing the anticipation for travel, and had to remind myself that the adventure in Europe was awesome because I made it a point to get out of my apartment and explore. One local I met in Spain joked that I had seen more of Madrid than she had and it made me realize how much of my own city I haven’t seen.
So here’s the challenge this winter: be a tourist in your own town. Embrace it the way you would a new city, with new eyes and zero expectations.
Not sure where to start? Check out my article on eHow.com
1. Brainstorm Points of Interest.
2. Learn about your town’s local history.
3. Put on your “tourist cap” and avoid your favorite spots.
4. Shop at your local thrift stores.
5. Avoid expectations, relax and go with the flow.
Read the full article here : http://www.ehow.com/ehow-extras/blog/5-steps-on-how-to-become-a-tourist-in-your-own-city/